Nenagh Job Club (outreach to Roscrea and Thurles)
What we do
You may be entering the world of employment for the first time; returning to work after raising your family or looking after a loved one. You may have many years of work experience under your belt; have been made redundant or lost your job during the economic downturn; you may want to change career direction, have just graduated or you may simply be looking for a better job – all are reasons that prompt people to come in to talk to us in Nenagh Job Club.
Finding the right job can be a challenging, exciting or even a daunting process. Finding a job is a job in itself, and needs to be approached with a sense of challenge and responsibility. There are many ways jobs are advertised, and knowing where to look and what to expect is important. So if you are looking for a job, Nenagh Job Club will assist you by giving you a clear understanding of the process.
Nenagh Job Club has a range of resources available to you that are designed to assist you in making sound, informed decisions about your career.
Formal Group Training
Our Job Search Skills programme consists of 2 weeks formal group training, daily from 10.00am – 12.30pm – These programmes are run back to back every fortnight. During the workshop we cover the following areas:
- How to develop key skills required for the labour market
- Expert assistance and advice on employment, training and up skilling opportunities
- Practical supports such as CV preparation and design
- Interview techniques and preparation
- Breaking down the advert and connecting this to your skills and experience
- Social Media
- Assertiveness/Confidence building
One to One Consultation (based on appointment only)
- Support and advice in job seeking skills and sourcing jobs
- Mock interview service
A Resource Centre that provides facilities to assist you in finding work, including:
Upon registration you will have access to a fully equipped resource room to assist you with:
- Computer & Internet Access
- Telephone Usage
- Local and National Newspapers
- Weekly Job Club Bulletin
- Computers / Internet Access, Stationery / Postage
- Weekly Vacancies Supplement: Job Seekers can receive local vacancies to their inbox by contacting either Job Clubs via the contact form.
Do I retain my entitlements?
Job Club participants retain their Social Welfare entitlements and receive a weekly attendance allowance.
Do I have to be in receipt of a Welfare Payment to participate on the course?
No the Job Club is free and open to anyone wishing to use the service or take part in training.