101 Square Meals
The food we eat is very important for our health and wellbeing. Using selected recipes and shopping for ingredients in season or on offer will help you have a varied and healthy diet on a budget. 101+ Square Meals is a useful, simple recipe book that helps you plan healthier meals and get best value for your money. The book also contains shopping tips, food safety messages, menu planning advice, and even some treats and snacks for special occasions. The recipes are easy to follow and will be useful to improve health and wellness for you and your family.
A wealth of Information and Help!
The HSE has a lot of other helpful information and publications available on this site, or on our healthpromotion.ie website. Here is a full list of all our resources, and links to each so that you can get started right away. If a publication is on healthpromotion.ie, you can click on a pdf, or for many publication, you can also choose a range of publications that can be posted to your home.
Available from www.healthpromotion.ie
- Eat Smart Move More – A5 booklet providing advice & info, healthy eating & physical activity for primary school children.
- Eat Smart Move More Reward Chart – to record progress on healthy eating & physical activity goals.
- Food for Young Children (1-5yrs)
- New Healthy Eating Guidelines
- 101 Square Meals
- A2 Children’s Food Pyramid Poster (also available in Irish)
- Food Pyramid Stickers
- Little Steps to Eating Well
- Little Steps Wall Chart
- Healthy Eating for Pregnancy
- Starting to Spoon Feed your baby (3-6mths)
- Food for Young Children (1- 5yrs)
- Breastfeeding your baby -A5 booklet giving guidance on all aspects of breastfeeding www.breastfeeding.ie
- Feeding your Baby – advice for new mothers on infant feeding www.breastfeeding.ie
Available from Safefood www.safefood.eu
- Safefood Healthy Lunchboxes www.safefood.eu/Publications/Consumer-Info/healthy-lunchboxes.aspx
- When Sally met Sammy (book for preschoolers) www.Safefood.eu/Education?Pre-school/When-Sally-met-Sammy.aspx
- Sammy and Sally Grow Together www.Safefood.eu/Education?Pre-school/Sammy-and-Sally-Grow-Together.aspx
- How they measure up: A Simple Guide to Food Labelling www.safefood.eu/Publications/Consumer-information/How-they-measure-up-A-Simple-Guide-to-Food-labell.aspx
available from www.getirelandactive.ie
Located under “for your info” tab
- GIA Factsheet for Parents and Guardians
- GIA Factsheet for Childcare Providers
- Get Kids on the Go booklet
- Little Steps Leaflet
- Stretching for Children
- Get Active 4 week step challenge for Children and Young People
- Step challenge card (kids step challenge card)
- Discover Cycling
- Cycle Safety RSA
- Discover Trail Walking
- Get Kids on the Go information booklet for parents, guardians and teachers www.irishheart.ie
- Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) developed by the IHF & National Youth Council of Ireland is a resource to equip youth workers with the skills necessary to create a healthy eating, active living environment in their organisation by providing health info on health education, healthy eating, active living, policy guidelines and key contact info. www.irishheart.ie
- Walk or Step Challenge Card is a 4 week challenge to get young people physically active to help reach the recommended 60mins of P.A. needed daily. The challenge can be done individually or in teams. www.irishheart.ie