An Taoiseach Micheal Martin has announced that from Wednesday October 21st, midnight.
Here are a few of the restrictions mentioned:
- People will only be able to exercise within five kilometres of their home. They can meet up outdoors with one other household within this limit for an activity such as exercise.
- There will be a penalty for breaching the five kilometre restriction except for essential purposes, such as: travelling to and from work, medical reasons, vital family reasons such as childcare provision or caring for an elderly relative, attending a wedding or funeral, visiting a grave, or farming purposes.
- People should work from home unless providing an essential service. A list of essential services can be found here.
- Social visits to homes and gardens will not be allowed.
- Those living alone, those with mental health challenges and those parenting alone or with shared custody will be allowed to pair with one other household as part of a social support bubble.
- Schools and childcare services will remain open.
- Pubs, restaurants and cafes will only be allowed to operate a takeaway or delivery service. Wet pubs in Dublin will remain closed.
- Hotels, guesthouses and Bed & Breakfasts can remain open, but only for guests who are providing an essential service.
- The number of guests allowed to attend weddings is 25, while up to ten mourners can attend a funeral.
- Religious services will be available online.
- Museums, galleries and other cultural attractions will remain closed, while libraries will be available for online services only.
- Outdoor playgrounds and play areas will remain open with protective measures.
- Construction sites will remain open, as will most manufacturing facilities.
- All non-essential businesses will close, including hairdressers.
- Essential retail outlets, such as supermarkets, fuel forecourts and pharmacies, can remain open. A list of these can be found here.
- Professional and elite sports, inter-county GAA games, horse racing and greyhound racing can all continue behind closed doors.
- Non-contact training for school-aged children can continue in outdoor pods of 15.
- Visits to long-term residential care facilities are suspended, except in compassionate circumstances.
- Public transport will operate at 25% capacity to allow those providing essential services to get to work. School transport will not be affected.
- There will be enhanced financial supports for individuals and businesses, as well as measures focusing on mental health.
Source : https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1004/1169397-level-5-at-a-glance/
Source : youTube Taoiseach Micheál Martin makes a statement on level 5 Covid-19 restrictions