The Rural Development (LEADER) Programme 2014 -2020, aims to improve the quality of life in rural areas and to encourage diversification of the rural economy. Under the current programme, local projects may be funded under three RDP themes and nine sub-themes as shown below
Theme 1: Economic Development, Enterprise Development and Job Creation
- Rural Tourism
- Enterprise Development
- Rural Towns
Theme 2: Social Inclusion
- Basic Services Targeted at Hard to Reach Communities
- Rural Youth
Theme 3: Rural Environment
- Protection and Sustainable Use of Water Resources
- Protection and Improvement of Local Biodiversity
- Development of Renewable Energy
The programme operates on the basis of two types of Calls:
- Targeted Calls: Targeted periodic Calls for Expression Of Interest/Applications are issued to ensure that funding is targeted where it most delivers value, are awarded based on comparative assessment and secures equal opportunities for potential applicants.
- Rolling Calls: Applications are accepted on a “first come, first served” basis.
How it Works: An eligibility assessment of your idea is conducted by the Rural Development Officer. This can be conducted via telephone. If the project is eligible in principle the applicant is invited to make a formal application for funding. Applicants are invited to engage with RDP staff in completing and returning applications in line with the requirements as set out in each particular LEADER Funding Call and the LEADER Operation Rules. Please note the timeline for approval of projects will be significantly longer than under previous programmes. If the project is successful and the applicant is issued with a contract, the grant funded works can only commence after the signing of the grant award contract.
Tipperary Local and Community Development Committee (LCDC) is the Local Action Group (LAG) for County Tipperary and is responsible for the management of the LEADER Local Development Strategy (LDS) in the county. North Tipperary Development Company CLG is its implementation partner in the North Tipperary area and will deliver the majority of project and animation related actions associated with the implementation of the LDS including managing calls for proposals. Tipperary County Council are the financial partner and secretariat.
Expressions of Interest & Application Forms can be requested from email@example.com or by calling 067 56676